Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Driving Conditions

I was watching TV a while back and flipping through the channels, low and behold, AMERICA'S HIGH SPEED CHASES... I am not going to be "heroic" and say all of them are pussies behind driving wheels who got drunk off one can of beer, some of them are really fucked up in the brain and push the limits of human stupidity to points never thought reachable before, but I digress...
I was pushed in my mind to compare what the Americans call road rage to the sweet pool of serenity that is the Lebanese highway. For anyone unacquainted to this landmark here are a few pointers:

  • There is no speed limit, none!!! The speed can range from 20 kilometers per hour to a mind bobbling 260 kilometers per hour (both of which i was sadly a witness to)
  • Pot holes sprout on it like bad weed on a fertilized ground
  • Lebanese drivers have no clue on that mystical thing called PICKING A LANE
  • And yes, we drive like lunatics out of an asylum high on Xanax mixed with cocaine, proudly...

But I digress.
The TV show was flaunting about a car "nearly colliding with another" I checked the footage, there was clearly more than 5 feet of difference between each car.
This pisses me off only for the single fact that Need For Speed is basically the reenactment of a normal driving day on any Lebanese road. Switching Lanes from far left of the highway to the far right, while increasing speed to overtake a mind numbingly slow old person driving at 40 kilometers per hour on the fast lane... Everyday is a race, to survive, dodging traffic, escaping potholes. Lebanese drivers have developed this ability to become "rally drivers" instantaneously as soon as they hit the tarmac. but the creme De la creme is the spontaneous races that sprout up as soon as 2 fast cars (typically a BMW and a Mercedes) meet... True to life between traffic street races...

If the producers from those shows decide to film the chaos that is our roads they would have enough footage in a week to power the show for years. All am saying begin an implementation to get the mind-bogglingly retarded off our streets so that we, the normal people, get to enjoy a nice drive. But for the love of crap, if you turn our action packed streets to the stale boring and incompetent-driver filled grove of festering baboons that cause accidents by sleeping on the wheel, so help me God I will go ape-shit on your ass...

Till next time this is Broseph.....Out

No comments:

Post a Comment