
I have been following the recent pattern of the weather lately, and for those of you who are superstitious this is not a freak accident, nor a manifestation of global warming, this is clearly a sign of god's wrath! He (and yeah feminists give it a rest god is a he) has decided to show us his anger and to display his disappointment in us through the medium of a force 4 hurricane! But what is god angry about??? I'm wiling to bet it's the recent trend of the pitiful thought process that our small Lebanese community is undergoing!
Have you noticed that recently any form of culture or sign of literary distinction is instantly shunned and deemed as a social faux-pas. Our entire generation is hard-wired to drown out intellect in any form. meaning, if I say I enjoy an opera or a classic ballet or a classical composition I will most probably be laughed at and looked down upon as being, well, old. Claiming to have any knowledge who Vivaldi is, or knowing the four seasons or Tchaikovsky is the equivalent of social murder. Now it is understandable why the youth hates the fine arts, because whenever they are mentionned they see old tufts of hairy wrinkly men in top hats, and monocles talking all in British and being well very boring or they go to the New-Wave of artistic farts that as they open their mouth send you a prompt invitation to punch them in the face, for they only speak in a way that is so disgusting that it makes u wanna revert to a cave-man like instinct and pummel them with a mallet!
So now I am pressured into suffering through masses of Tiesto and techno rubbish I am bombarded with because nobody dares to break out of the social chain and say this is horrid music!
Break out of your norm, defy the drones that surround you, enjoy something that is authentically beautiful, emancipate yourself from mental slavery. Following this issue, why do we not have a station that plays rock, I'm not implying all heavy all the time but something that plays the sort of music that changed the world, the Beatles, led zeppelin... just saying as an example.
Have you noticed that recently any form of culture or sign of literary distinction is instantly shunned and deemed as a social faux-pas. Our entire generation is hard-wired to drown out intellect in any form. meaning, if I say I enjoy an opera or a classic ballet or a classical composition I will most probably be laughed at and looked down upon as being, well, old. Claiming to have any knowledge who Vivaldi is, or knowing the four seasons or Tchaikovsky is the equivalent of social murder. Now it is understandable why the youth hates the fine arts, because whenever they are mentionned they see old tufts of hairy wrinkly men in top hats, and monocles talking all in British and being well very boring or they go to the New-Wave of artistic farts that as they open their mouth send you a prompt invitation to punch them in the face, for they only speak in a way that is so disgusting that it makes u wanna revert to a cave-man like instinct and pummel them with a mallet!
So now I am pressured into suffering through masses of Tiesto and techno rubbish I am bombarded with because nobody dares to break out of the social chain and say this is horrid music!
Break out of your norm, defy the drones that surround you, enjoy something that is authentically beautiful, emancipate yourself from mental slavery. Following this issue, why do we not have a station that plays rock, I'm not implying all heavy all the time but something that plays the sort of music that changed the world, the Beatles, led zeppelin... just saying as an example.
No comments:
Post a Comment