This is an issue i hold close to heart, and have pondered on for a long time. It also is an issue that has stricken many of my friends, relatives and general acquaintances i did not care about...
You might have been victim to this phenomena and might have shrugged it off, or ignored it, but i am certain that at some point or another it has affected you...
I'm talking about the plague that is stupid questions. The type of questions that are so profoundly retarded, that they cannot be answered, thinking about it too long might give you an aneurysm. Let me make my point more concrete with a small example; you happen to be sitting anywhere reading a magazine or a newspaper, minding your own business, when out of the blue someone you know comes up and direct this verbal gem at you: "Are you reading the paper?" and you answer him very cheerfully: "NO! Cant you see I'm performing the nutcracker ballet, join me if you like!!!!" and inside your head you have this inner monologue going, apparently this person in front of me must be some sort of super SHERLOCK-EINSTEIN hybrid...nothing can get passed his keen sense of observation and his ability to draw amazing conclusion from simple facts! My question is what was going through that person's head when he asked such a question, was the evidence to great for him to process??? Other types of stupid questions include waking you up from bed to ask: Are you sleeping? -NO, I'm painting the ceiling with my ass, can't you see?
The point is, I'm not asking for much from anyone, nor am I expecting much but why cant we just use our eyes and think for one second before blurting out anything that comes to our head, I'm pretty sure it wouldn't hurt, and it would make our interaction much MUCH easier...
And just to end with one for the masses: What are you doing now? Reading a blog, NOOO You must be riding your jet-ski into the sunset I'm sure!
You might have been victim to this phenomena and might have shrugged it off, or ignored it, but i am certain that at some point or another it has affected you...
I'm talking about the plague that is stupid questions. The type of questions that are so profoundly retarded, that they cannot be answered, thinking about it too long might give you an aneurysm. Let me make my point more concrete with a small example; you happen to be sitting anywhere reading a magazine or a newspaper, minding your own business, when out of the blue someone you know comes up and direct this verbal gem at you: "Are you reading the paper?" and you answer him very cheerfully: "NO! Cant you see I'm performing the nutcracker ballet, join me if you like!!!!" and inside your head you have this inner monologue going, apparently this person in front of me must be some sort of super SHERLOCK-EINSTEIN hybrid...nothing can get passed his keen sense of observation and his ability to draw amazing conclusion from simple facts! My question is what was going through that person's head when he asked such a question, was the evidence to great for him to process??? Other types of stupid questions include waking you up from bed to ask: Are you sleeping? -NO, I'm painting the ceiling with my ass, can't you see?
The point is, I'm not asking for much from anyone, nor am I expecting much but why cant we just use our eyes and think for one second before blurting out anything that comes to our head, I'm pretty sure it wouldn't hurt, and it would make our interaction much MUCH easier...
And just to end with one for the masses: What are you doing now? Reading a blog, NOOO You must be riding your jet-ski into the sunset I'm sure!
No comments:
Post a Comment